Nominations are now open for the 2016 Construction Skills Queensland Excellence Awards.
Members of the local construction industry are encouraged to nominate apprentices, trainees, schools, trainers, training organisations and employers they feel deserve recognition for their training achievements.
This year the awards include a new Innovation in Construction Training category which recognises employers who are utilising cutting edge training methods.
CSQ chief executive officer Brett Schimming said the awards provided an opportunity to honour those who had made an important contribution to Queensland’s building and construction industry.
“For 21 years, the CSQ Excellence Awards have shone a spotlight on the hard work that takes place in our industry on a daily basis but is often taken for granted,” he said.
“This could be an apprentice who has overcome challenges to complete their training, a company embracing new technology in their training programs or an inspiring supervisor who leads by example.
“We encourage individuals and organisations in the Queensland industry to nominate and tell us their stories.”
Nominations close 5pm Friday, September 16 and the awards night will be held on Friday, November 25 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
2016 Award Categories
Stars of 2016 – Outstanding Individual Achievement
- Hutchinson Builders Award for Construction Indigenous Person of the Year
- National Association of Women in Construction Award for Construction Female of the Year
- Civil Contractors Federation Award for Construction Professional of the Year
- Master Electricians Association Award for Construction Trainee or Apprentice of the Year
- All Trades Queensland Award for Construction School Student of the Year
- Construction Trainer of the Year
Excellence in Construction Training
- Construction School of the Year
- Registered Training Organisation of the Year
- Innovation in Construction Training
Employer Commitment to Training Excellence
- Watpac Employer Commitment to Training Excellence – General Construction (up to $20 million turnover)
- Major Training Group Award for Employer Commitment to Training – General Construction (over $20 million turnover)
- Employer Commitment to Training Excellence – Civil Construction (up to $20 million turnover)
- Evolution Training Award for Employer Commitment to Training Excellence – Civil Construction (over $20 million turnover)
Judges’ Outstanding Achievement Award
For more information about the Awards contact CSQ on 1800 798 488 or visit: http://www.csq.org.au/excellence-awards.